Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Don't Know Much


Last night I made a decision that I felt was pretty bold. I really thought that I KNEW that it was the best decision for me. However, after doing what I needed to do, I didn't feel like I expected at all. I thought that I would feel joy and anticipation, but instead I just didn't care that much. I was apathetic and indifferent.
This was a decision I had been planning on for about a month now and I had been waiting until just the right time. I have been filled with anticipation. You would think that I feel disappointed or upset when after finally making the decision and taking action I felt only a dull sense of "whatever", but I do not. I am very thankful for this experience. It has truly taught me to live according to my intuition (my gut was telling me not to bother - and it was correct as always) and to know that I do not know much at all.
I am more open, less judgemental and just a little more wise.
So ... what do I think that I need to DO. I need to focus on JOY, focus on following my bliss and uplifting others around me that I love. I think it is important to know what you want but to remain as open as you can. In other words surrender. If you are too attached to the outcome, you could be missing something even better. Have faith, have FAITH that not only things will be ok - but that you can have a great life. You can have whatever it is that you desire and know that what you desire also desires you.
In the amazing video below, Oprah describes her process of surrender. I like that she says "God has a bigger dream for you than you could ever have for yourself" all that you need to do is let go.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! Whenever I fear something new I have to face, I tell myself to have faith that things will be OK!

    ReplyDelete