Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My New Apartment

I moved into my brand new place on December 7th, I am in LOVE. This apartment has never been lived in, the refrigerator has never had food in it, no one has ever used the shower. It has a balcony - always wanted one.
So, because I have always wanted one, and it seems the easier "room" to do. I would like to have most of the decor be handmade. However, it is lacking in personality. I have decided that I am going to add some funkiness to it, make it mind.
This is my balcony now:



As you can see, not exactly dazzling.
However, when I get done the goal is for every room to have a gypsy/bohemian/an artist must live here feel to it.
I like the thought of this low table and the cushions to sit on, perhaps for the kids. I can have my girl Shannon sew them for me.
i have always loved prayer flags, and although I am not the best seamstress, I think these will be easy enough to construct.

For the table, I am thinking hand painted, perhaps tarot or zodiac themed.
LOVE LOVE LOVE these mushroom things. Unsure of where to get them, but the search is on!!! Of course I will have plenty of plants out there, once the weather permits.

I like the idea of using an old ladder for plant shelves - very nice.
For privacy, the plan is to have drapes of fabrics that will close around the deck, but that allow light in and can be opened.
I can not tell you how much I love mason jar candle holders. So simple and yet beautiful.

The colors in this are gorgeous, and the idea of something large enough to lie down on really gets me excited!
I do love those colors, but i equally love something like this:

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new apartment. I love the mushrooms and the mason jar lights. I have an old wooden ladder decorated with potted plants and old tools. Have fun decorating.

    ReplyDelete