Friday, October 14, 2011

Habits

The above image to me is a woman in control of herself. She is unafraid of what is going on around her, remains calm because she has faith that everything will be clear soon. This is my new attitude, one of authenticity, faith and calm.
I liked this information on improving relationships. Read the whole article.

1.Don’t let resentment build, deal with issues one at a time and as soon as they arise
2.Stop trying to control or manipulate your partner’s feelings or actions
3.Share your hopes, dreams and wishes
4.Share your fears
5.Be honest with yourself
6.Share your vulnerability instead of your anger
7.Express your disappointment gently
8.Check that you both have signed on to the same contract (Explain what you think the unwritten rules are)
9.Admit when you don’t know what to do
10.Admit it when you think you may have made a mistake

There are so many things that I want to do in my life. There are so many things that I want to be, do and have. I am ready right now, to start living the life that truly brings me the most joy. I think that in order to do this, everything must change. My life needs an overhaul and the real me must be uncovered. I have made a promise to myself to be 100% authentic, 100% truthful with myself and others. I can't live any other way for even one more minute. I have always had this habit of fooling myself into believing that things are the way that I want them and it has caused me nothing but pain. I am taking off my rosy spectacles to see my world as it is.
One of the things that I would like to start doing immediately is getting into new life affirming habits. It is not what we do occasionally that matters, but what we do repeatedly everyday that makes a real difference. Isn't this what habits are? So ... here are some of the habits I am going to adopt:
* First thing in the morning I am going to read over my goals
* Record my dreams for insight
* Pull 3 cards for insight
* Write a page in my journal listing all the things I love in my life and am thankful for.
* 2-3 law of attraction exercises every single day
* Take one action per goal
* Listen to audio that is uplifting and motivational
* Create objects for my shop that are helpful in aligning with intention
* Pray and ask for guidance
* Remind myself of what I DO want when I think of something that I don't want
* Ask empowering questions
* Visualize/meditate every day

I know that this is a lot, and I am certainly not going to beat myself up if I can't do all of them every single day. However, I believe that just by attempting to do these things I will start to notice a big difference in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment